Jun 6, 2017
There's more to time
management than meets the eye. In fact, productivity and good
time management are key to unlocking greater health and
wellness. When we have our
energy, focus, and clear mind, any goal can be accomplished
with a head-on approach.
In a world where it's easy to be overwhelmed by messages,
meetings, and task lists, how can we get it all done and avoid
decision fatigue day after day?
Many of us are trapped by the belief that to be productive, we
have to continue to stay busy and say 'yes' to every task,
opportunity, or event that comes our way. However, that's the exact
opposite of being good at time management.
Being busy doesn't necessarily lead us to be
productive or successful. It's just adding on more and more
stress that we have to struggle to handle.
In fact, deciding to say 'no' to something doesn't just allow us
to take time back into our own hands, but it also liberates
ourselves from unworthy distractions too.
JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP | REVIEW THIS
On today's episode, public speaker, productivity coach, best
selling author, and host of The 5 AM Miracle Podcast, Jeff
Sanders, joins us once again to teach us how to be more productive,
say 'no' and take our time into our own hands.
We'll learn from Jeff about different tools and life
hacks that can help us get from Point A to Point B, schedule
time into batch or theme days, stay
clear from distractions,
and discover our own purpose behind staying determined to move
forward in our goals.
Whether it's e-mails, task switching, or you're all over
the place to get a project done, Jeff has the perfect piece of
advice to help you manage your time.
Listen To Episode 115 As Jeff Uncovers:
- How he became such a thought leader in productivity.
- What you can do to create the reality you want regardless of
the reality you have.
- What Jeff did to let go of the habit of being his own worse
- How can we be more productive? What does productivity even
- What is a batch day as far as productivity? How do theme days
come into play?
- How can we commit ourselves to having a regular batch day?
- The importance of having a why or a reason for becoming more
- How to segment time blocks during batch days.
- What tasks are better to
do early on in the morning?
- How the tool, Freedom, is helping Jeff stay clear of
distractions like social media, emails, and more.
- What are the benefits of theme days and how can they apply to
- How we can give ourselves the freedom to dive deep rather than
hold ourselves back.
- The top excuses we tell ourselves that hold us back from being
more productive and accomplish more each day.
- Why we don't have to fall victims to saying 'yes' to everything
that people ask us to do for them.
- How does Jeff plan everything out while still having the time
and energy to focus on his
- Why health
and wellness are so pivotal for our productivity and
- Jeff's advice on how to get started on being more productive
and creating better results:
- Make a list of what's coming up in the near future.
- Combine different tasks that have the same theme or are
- Find times in your calendar and assign batch or theme
- Jeff's 2 Minute Rule for answering e-mails.
- How can we switch from one task to the next without losing our
- Why we should give ourselves enough mental time to switch from
a creative task to an analytical task.
- How to know when it's time to rethink how we're managing our
- Jeff's mantra that helps him become productive when he's busy
- The most important part of the day for us to change our
- The power of saying 'no' or cutting tasks from your
Top 3 Takeaways From The Show
- Batch days can help us take advantage of the time that we have
in a week. By focusing on related tasks on one day of the week, we
can make better use out of our time and move forward with other
tasks that we need to focus on for the remaining days.
- Having a why or reason behind
wanting to become more productive is vital for the entire process.
You don't need to get a jump start at 5 am to begin the day. When
you love an activity or task and have the motivation to do it,
it'll be so much easier to commit yourself to getting something
done. Saying 'no' to different tasks or distractions will help you
stay on track with your goals and move you forward.
- You can schedule out your tasks according to you energy cycles.
Like Jeff, if you find that you're more productive in the morning
compared to the afternoon, plan ahead to get strategic work done
first thing in the morning before moving onto other basic
Power Quotes From Jeff Sanders
[tweetthis]"Once you realize that you control your own time, you
control what you let into your life." -
- "If I can build myself up from nothing to five miles a day, a
marathon is the exact same thing. You just keep growing and
building. And in the same sense with my life, I ask myself, 'How
can I add a little more each to day to what I'm already doing?' If
I can see a little growth each day, then those bigger goals that
once seemed unachievable, are actually possible." - Jeff
Sanders on recognizing that any goal is
- "When I stay committed to daily, incremental growth, it's much
easier to envision what my next move is going to be."
- Jeff Sanders on completing goals and tasks that can help
us envision our future.
- "Productivity is very much like success. It's the progressive
realization of our worthy goal or worthy ideal. All in
all, making progress itself is success." - Jeff
Sanders on what being productive means to him.
- "Rather than looking to your distractions as an excuse, think
about what you could do with what you have." - Jeff
- "Theme days allow you to stick to one specific project or idea
for an entire day. Theme days not only help you schedule for when
things are going to happen, but they also allow you to say 'no' to
an activity or distraction because you've already chosen how you're
going to spend your day. It gives you a clear sense of priority so
that you know what matters today and what does not." - Jeff
Sanders on the benefit of theme days.
- "Once you realize that you control your own time, you control
what you let into your life. All of a sudden, you can shift
gears completely and start to be more proactive on how your time is
scheduled. Once you reach that point, your day becomes your own."
- Jeff Sanders on how we can take control of our day and
the time that is available to us.
- "Health and wellness is what makes productivity possible.
Health is really the number one goal because it makes everything
else possible. If you want to get tasks done, you have to be
healthy enough to do so." - Jeff Sanders on the importance
of health and wellness when it comes to our
The 5 A.M. Miracle is a
resource guide for high-achievers. It is for anyone who has a wild
passion for life and is in search of a structured system that will
hone those passions, clarify their big goals, and produce real,
1. Begin Your Day the Right Way
Yes, it's true, I'm a big fan of early mornings. But, more
importantly than waking up at an arbitrary time like 5:00 a.m., I'm
a strong believer in intentionality. Choosing to wake up with a
written plan is something most people just never do, and it's
astonishing how much it can change your life once you embrace this
2. The 5 AM Blueprint: 7 Steps to Extraordinary
The bulk of the book breaks down my blueprint for unprecedented
progress. From healthy habits and productivity strategies, to
review systems and professional-grade daily routines, you will find
more actionable content than you could possibly imagine.
3. Built-In 30-Day Action Plan
Let's not forget that at the end of the book I summarize the
multitude of ideas into an easy-to-follow 30-day plan just so you
have a clear plan of action.
About Jeff Sanders
Jeff Sanders is a keynote speaker, author
of the best-selling and award-winning book on productivity,
AM Miracle: Dominate Your Day Before Breakfast, and founder of
Jeff is also the host of The 5
AM Miracle Podcast, which has ranked #1 in iTunes in the
Self-Help and Business categories, been nominated for 4 Podcast
Awards, and exceeded 4 million downloads.
He is a 10-time marathon runner, personal development junkie,
and passionate raw vegan. Every week you can find Jeff writing and
speaking at JeffSanders.com.
Jeff has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre and Psychology
from Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri. He has been
married to his wife, Tessa for seven years. They live in Nashville,
Tennessee with their quirky pug, Benny.
Resources Mentioned by Jeff & Josh
[tweetthis]"Health is the number one goal because it makes being
productive and everything else possible." -
Get More Wellness In Your
Support This Podcast
here. Listen, I deeply
value your thoughts, now let your voice be
heard. I live to serve the Wellness Force even better
based on your words, feedback, and requests. (including how
these episodes can allow you to break bad
Thanks To Our Amazing Sponsor
Want to avoid more trips to the store and
save hundreds of dollars a year on superfood supplements?
Check out Perfect
Go to perfectsupplements.com/wellnessforce to
get your grass-fed collagen from today's show and sign up for
a free membership, plus get 10% off your entire
order - just
enter promo code
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
here to leave a
voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the
You May Also Like These Episodes
Get More Wellness In Your Life
You read all the way to the
bottom? That's what I call love!
me and let me
know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your