Sep 24, 2019
What does it even really mean to be intelligent? What is
intelligence? For a long time, I used to think that intelligence
was how smart you were and that's part of it but what we're really
shifting into at Wellness Force is answering the question, what are
the real, tangible courses and products out there in our world
right now that are the best, what are we working towards as a
society, and how can we apply the embodied lessons we learn? That's
what we're all looking for. The gathering and application is part
of the intelligence process. - Josh Trent
My friend, we’ve arrived, this is it, episode 300 of
Wellness Force Radio!
It's taken me over a year to find the right hemp and CBD company
to introduce to the Wellness Force Community and I could not be
more thrilled that it's CURED Nutrition!
Get 15% off your CURED Nutrition order with
the code WELLNESSFORCE
---> Get The Morning 21
System: A simple and powerful 21 minute system
designed to give you more energy to let go of old weight and live
JOIN THE FACEBOOK
GROUP | *REVIEW THE PODCAST*
What is true, embodied intelligence?
In Wellness Force Radio episode 300, Civilized Caveman CEO, Wellness Force Media Founder,
and Wellness Force
Radio Host, Josh Trent,
shares with CURED Nutrition CEO
and Host of The Cured Collective
Podcast, Joeseph Sheehey the
top 10 lessons he has learned over the last four years of recording
300+ podcast episodes.
Join us for this special 300th episode as Josh reveals
these 10 life lessons he has learned as a podcast host in the
health and wellness industries:
- Intelligence is not how smart you are
- A podcast is not really a "show" it's a conversation about
truth and consciousness
- Challenge the guests, but give them space to breathe and
- It's not about the tool, it's about the intention
- Shortening the cycles of recommitment is the path
- Wellness is a state of mind and a practice of self worth
- Forgiveness is the most powerful tool in the universe
- The "middle way" is eventually everyone's path
- The power and the healing is in our breath
- Wellness is the awareness that we are all connected, and the
beliefs, thoughts, and actions we allow our soul to operate
Get 15% off your CURED Nutrition
order with the code WELLNESSFORCE
It's taken me over a year to
find the right hemp and CBD company to introduce to the Wellness
Force Community and I could not be more thrilled that it's CURED
CURED Nutrition is a movement inspired by nature and grounded in
a shared desire to leave a lasting impression on you, our
community, and this world. Together, they're a collective of
heart-centered human beings who are inviting you - the conscious
creatives, dreamers, and healers - to join their family. Learn how
CURED hemp and CBD products can enhance your daily wellness
They're Colorado-based organically grown hemp products have been
engineered to transform your approach toward an elevated life. Tap
into your inherent potential - your greatest mind-body alignment -
and nourish it with the supplements you were designed to thrive on.
A greater existence is waiting.
**Enter To Win A Free 90 Day Supply of Organifi!
To enter to win a *Free 90 Day Supply of Organifi: all you have to do is
leave a 5 star review right here
for the podcast on iTunes right from your phone or computer during
the contest period (9/24-9/30) and you'll be automatically entered
**Entrants must leave a podcast review for Wellness Force Radio on
iTunes by 9/30/19 at 8:59pm PST
Here's how you can click to leave a review from your
iPhone, easily right now. Just follow the
directions in the video below. That will take you right to the
review screen on your iPhone and after you hit “send” that’s
it, you’re entered! Just a quick head’s up, after you hit
send, your review won’t show on iTunes for 24 hours.
Any questions on how to enter from your
computer? A quick 30 second video will show you how
**Winners will be chosen by a random computer and
your iTunes username will be announced on
October 1st right from the Wellness Force Facebook
page, so make sure you like our page and turn on notifications
to claim your prize on October 1st.
We Have Arrived
If you’ve been listening to Wellness Force for a
while, or if you’ve been with us since the beginning, you know by
now that great things tend to take us time, effort, and the hardest
one of them all - trusting the process - especially when it comes
to our wellness. For episode 300, I am sharing the 10 biggest
lessons I have learned thus far on this journey.
I want to share my truth: This entrepreneurial
and podcast path has not been 100% rainbows. Even since early
childhood, I have known, deep down, that I march to the beat of a
different drummer. Maybe you feel that too, and that’s why you’re
here. I’ve faced inner and outer demons I wouldn’t wish on anyone,
and since I woke up in 2014, I’ve done some really, really, hard
work to let go of old stories about genetics, beliefs, and the
people and things that don't serve my wellness. But yet as hard as
this has been, I’ve also learned that when you operate from a place
of love and service to others, and if you really want something,
all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
This podcast has been my home, my work, and my life for
4 years now, and today, I get to give thanks to YOU.
Top Lessons Learned From 300+ Shows
1. Intelligence is not how smart you are [7:50]
- The Tim Ferriss Show
- CURED Nutrition
- Joe Sheehey,
CURED Nutrition Founder
- How Wellness Force is serving its listeners to help them grow,
let go of their old selves, and achieve greater consciousness.
- The fact that intelligence doesn't just mean being smart but
also includes physical and emotional intelligence.
- Why our thoughts aren't even our own but could be passed down
to us through generations.
- You can't fake it till you make it; especially with true
intelligence and true embodiment.
- Why Josh even decided to start Wellness Force in the first
- Josh's accomplished mission to reach 1 million people through
Wellness Force Radio.
- The disappointment he felt when he realized that many wellness
technology brand Founders aren't, in fact, living a life of
- His switch in focus from technology to discovering physical and
emotional through Wellness Force.
- Paleo f(x)
2. A podcast is not really a "show" it's a conversation about
truth and consciousness [14:00]
- Why successful podcasting
is not just about the guest you interview, big sponsors, or the
number of downloads but the conversation itself.
- The evolution of Wellness Force as a whole for the podcast,
brand, and Josh personally.
- Oura Ring
- The hard truth that, unfortunately, not all wellness technology
brands are in it to help people but to make a profit.
- FitTech Summit
Podcast with Joseph Sheehey
- The pre-conceived truths that Josh has until he learns
something new from each of his guests.
- WFR 071 Melissa
- The Whole 30
- How Josh identifies his own true intention and why he is asking
a guest a specific question.
- His process of letting go of perfection
and being open to reframing his language and questions as well as
embracing his emotions in each interview.
- WFR 275 Paul Chek
- How he has grown as both a listener and communicator since
launching Wellness Force Radio.
3. Challenge the guests, but give them space to breathe and
4. It's not about the tool, it's about the intention
- Managing his performance by evaluating his energy as he goes
about his day and what tools including nootropics
help him focus.
- Why Josh takes great care in not consuming too much caffeine
especially before recording a show.
- The bad habits we get into of numbing or escaping through
various stimulants including caffeine, work, and control.
- How to take supplements responsibly by first
focusing on doing the work yourself first and foremost before
turning to them for assistance.
- WFR 196
- WFR 219 Kyle
- The power of showing up for other people as a podcaster or in
everyday life without expectations.
- WFR 285 Luke
- Finding the qualities you want in your business
partners by writing down the top qualities you want in your
future romantic partner.
- WFR 269 Live
From Rythmia: Gerry Powell & Jay Brown
5. Shortening the cycles of recommitment is the path
- Why intimate relationships are the brightest
mirrors that reveal the truth about who we truly are.
- How Josh is able to have a child-like curiosity and experience
the world with an in and outflow of emotional charge.
- The common fear we all
experience of wondering if we're worthy or not.
- Carl Jung
- The Shadow
Archetype - Carl Jung
desensitization - going to the things that scare you the most
in a logical way to convince the nervous system that you are truly
- Jordan Peterson
- Why the lack of forgiveness is what is getting in the way of
our ability to shorten the cycles of recommitment.
6. Wellness is a state of mind and a practice of self worth
- Why so many people try to cover up their shame with
success and achievement.
- The B.T.F.A. Loop - Belief, Thoughts, Feelings, and Action to
help you let go of being a slave to old belief systems.
- No matter what the behavior is, our actions on the B.F.T.A.
Loop are all tied to our beliefs.
- Biologic Effects
of Stress and Bonding in Mother-Infant Pairs
- There is a time and a place to not explore emotion yet sitting
with our feelings and embracing them is a really big part of our
lives, the inner work,
and just being human.
- Fact that 80% of the time we are embracing our feelings vs. 20%
of the time compartmentalizing and not expressing them such as for
- What wellness exactly is when it comes to biohacking, spirituality, emotional
intelligence, and physical fitness.
- Josh's own spiritual journey and the immense amount he has
grown with it since 2015.
- His own near-death experience on Mount Whitney experience acute
altitude sickness at 12,000 feet and how that led him to do the
inner work in Thailand with breathwork
and truly getting to know himself.
- What 'God' or a higher power means to Josh now than it did
before his experience on Mount Whitney.
- Living 4D with
Paul Chek: Making A Love Connection - A Conversation With Josh
- Living 4D with
Paul Chek: The Revolution Is Coming: My Conversation With Josh
7. Forgiveness is the most powerful tool in the universe
- We can choose to focus on the anger or we
can take a deep breath and focus on the solution.
- How being openly honest about
thoughts and feelings has helped Josh take the emotional charge
- Why speaking our authentic truth is some of the greatest
wellness medicine there is.
- How we can begin to forgive and
love ourselves but especially be kind to our inner child.
- The work Josh did to forgive, accept, and love his parents for
doing the very best they could during his childhood.
- What self-forgiveness has taught Josh
about letting go, loving, and living life well.
- The simple fact that everything, whether it's pain or pleasure,
is a teacher for us.
- How Josh's own evolution of healing and
forgiving is being reflected in Wellness Force Radio itself.
8. The "middle way" is eventually everyone's path
- Josh's intense business
coaching experience in Las Vegas that led him down a new path
for himself both personally and professionally with Wellness
- How Josh has stayed true to Wellness Force's mission and grown
the brand over the years.
- The fact that it's totally normal to have moments of doubt in
- How we are supported and guided as we aim for greater love and
- Why the inner work process is never "sexy" but the closer we
get to the truth, the more we can be what intelligence actually
- How Josh was first introduced to plant
medicine in a past relationship and what his first experience
- It's not our fault that traumatic events happened in our lives
and they're only making us stronger as we take on the
responsibility to heal ourselves.
- Connor Beaton of ManTalks
- The fact that the only way to break the cycle of poor habits,
health, or thoughts is to do the inner work.
9. The power and the healing is in our breath [54:00]
- Breath is the number one tool that we all have to help us let
go of false thoughts and get back to a balanced state of mind.
- Plant medicine and breathwork showed him that if something
within him isn't honest, it's going to come up to surface.
- How tools like breathwork, plant medicine, and meditation
can help you find your inner truth and authentic, radical
- Why plant medicine isn't for everyone and there needs to be
space, trust, and safety during a ceremony.
- How to find introspection, deeply explore your emotions, and
let go of judgment in
just 6 deep breaths.
- How to instantly let go of stress, anxiety, and the monkey mind
by focusing on the breath.
- Incorporating breathwork into your daily routine and when you
need it the most.
- Letting Go by
David R. Hawkins
10. Wellness is the awareness that we are all connected, and
the beliefs, thoughts, and actions we allow our soul to operate
Join Us For The Next 300+ Shows
You’ve arrived at the end of episode 300, and there are hundreds
of more episodes to come filled with energy and inspiration.
I want to thank so many incredible humans who have
helped these past 300+ episodes happen.
My heart is full for everyone who has made this podcast
possible, so I know I'm gonna miss a ton of people in these shout
outs to Buzzy Torek and the whole team over at
Epicast Network for making
the show sound so powerful, to Shanna at Organifi for believing in
us and supporting the show with trustworthy products, to Lauren
Bryant for all you do in our community, to ME! for believing in and
supporting Wellness Force, to my brother James for being the
example of how to live from the heart, to all my past relationships
for opening my soul to what’s possible in a relationship, to my
mother Mary and father Dan for giving me the gift of life, and to
my teachers: Alan Watts, Napoleon Hill, Abraham Hicks, Carl Sagan,
Jason Silva, Jade Teta, Robb Wolf, Rythmia, Mary Shores and
countless more, both alive and who are watching all of us from the
expanse of the universe.
To every single guest we’ve had on the show.
And, last but not least, to all my light workers and light
warriors in the Wellness Force Family:
I see you, I love you, and I support what you are
doing to raise the consciousness our world needs right
My friend, I know you already know this, but thank you for being here and
being a part of this community who are up to big
things, and doing the physical and emotional work needed to
live life well.
Until I see you again real soon, I’m wishing you love
- Josh Trent
Power Quotes From The Show
Just The Joy Of The Conversation Is A Gift
"I had no idea that my life would be this rewarding and this
challenging. I say I have both because if you look at any
relationship, whether it's with friends or a significant other,
it's when we go through the challenges of travel and connection and
schedules and work to actually get the podcast out there or even
just going to a new town and meeting new people, there's always
going to be a bitter before there's the sweet. So, the sweet is
getting to be able to text Dr. Jade Teta or email Dave Asprey or
connect with some of these people that I had idolized when I was a
personal trainer but I've only done that because I did the work
brick by brick, day by day, year by year to let these people know
that when it was time for us to have a conversation, that I really
cared and that I was really adamant about letting them know how
much I respect them and whether or not I get anything from them
besides a conversation, just the joy of the conversation was the
gift. That is a great way to build friendships." -
Healing Ourselves Every Day
"If I'm always in the process of being my best self then I'm
always in the process of being healed, cured, or evolving into
whatever the new version of me has let go of. In other words, did I
let go of stress, physical trauma, emotional trauma? Every single
day, what am I being cured from? What am I stepping towards? That's
the whole point of this life. If we don't constantly look at how we
can heal and cure the spiritual malady that we have as a society;
as a human race, then we're not going to make it. I believe in
humanity; I believe we're going to make it but only if we look at
this life through the healing and cured lense." - Josh
Doing The Work Together
"When I think about the evolution of my healing, it comes
through this podcast, and it's what I want people to feel from me
every episode. Not only am I doing this work but we're also doing
this work together so that when we're out of the spaces of doing
the work, we can actually show up and live our life well. We can
actually show up and have loving relationships and full joy and
full expression and full connection with our friends and partners."
- Josh Trent
Links From Today's Show