Oct 5, 2021
Real change rarely comes in the absence of crisis. When we're
comfortable, there's no real deep, emerging drive that is
compelling us to really analyze the bedrock upon which we rest. The
awakening and change that come out of crisis; a lot of the time it
happens during a moment of panic so it's reactive rather than
responsive. For me, the crisis that we're in now is the perfect set
and setting to begin moving in the right direction as a community.
We have to start reaching out to like-minded people, allowing them
to speak authentically, and not feel ashamed for feeling or
believing in certain things. - Ben Stewart
Get 15% off your CURED Nutrition order with
the code WELLNESSFORCE at wellnessforce.com/CURED
---> Get The Morning 21
System: A simple and powerful 21 minute system
designed to give you more energy to let go of old weight and live
JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP |
*REVIEW THE PODCAST*
Wellness Force Radio Episode 416
World-class filmmaker, writer, musician, and Creator of the
Psychedelica Series on Gaia,
Ben Stewart, shares why there is a silver lining in
every crisis, explores the lost art of dialogue and how to
communicate from a place of alignment, unpacks how to obtain
critical thinking skills, and explains the downside of following
How do you close the gap between the head and heart to
use chaos as an opportunity to
awaken the power and the love that you truly
Discover what tools can help you whenever you find
yourself in a moment of crisis.
Save 15% off your CURED Nutrition order
code WELLNESSFORCE at wellnessforce.com/cured
taken me over a year to find the right hemp and CBD company to
introduce to the Wellness Force Community and I could not be more
thrilled that it's CURED Nutrition!
CURED Nutrition is a movement inspired by nature and grounded in
a shared desire to leave a lasting impression on you, our
community, and this world. Together, they're a collective of
heart-centered human beings who are inviting you – the conscious
creatives, dreamers, and healers – to join their family. Learn how
CURED hemp and CBD products can enhance your daily wellness
Try Cured's Full Spectrum Raw Hemp Oil Today
They're Colorado-based organically grown hemp products that have
been engineered to transform your approach toward an elevated life.
Tap into your inherent potential – your greatest mind-body
alignment – and nourish it with the supplements you were designed
to thrive on. A greater existence is waiting.
Listen To Episode 416 As Ben Stewart Uncovers:
[1:30] Crisis Creates Real Change
[12:30] The Lost Art of Dialogue
- How Josh has navigated the world, relationships, and his beliefs
since the beginning of COVID-19.
- What you can do to respectfully ask permission to share your
opinion with someone who has different thoughts on something like
- Why Ben believers we've come to the point in our society where
we have lost the art of dialogue and good communication.
- What you can do if you feel bored and you do not have enough to
do each day.
- Why he believes we communicate according to the current state
of our nervous system.
- How to navigate thoughts and feelings that focus on the need to
white knuckle and get things done so that we can let go, be
present, and be grateful.
- Nonviolent Communication: A
Language of Life by Marshall B. Rosenberg PhD
- Why it's good that we don't see eye to eye with people and what
we can learn from each other instead of getting irritated and
distancing ourselves away from them.
- 196 Aubrey Marcus
- How building good, healthy habits will allow your
mind and body to function well every day at a sustainable
- Why being around people with diverse backgrounds, ways of
living, and beliefs will help you grow.
- Exploring the difference between violent communication and
sharing why you are upset or triggered.
[28:00] Community Wake Up: See the World from Someone Else's
- Discussing when it's appropriate for our inner Mama Bear or
Papa Bear to come out and protect the people and things that we
- How we can obtain critical thinking skills while
experiencing crisis and chaos.
- Why his wife and family are his biggest teachers and the other
mentors that have inspired his journey.
- Paul Chek | All Is God
- What powerful lessons he has learned from the people who have
trolled his films or disagreed with him on different levels.
- Different reasons for why we attack one another from seeking
connection, wanting to get a
rise out of sending that email, or bring someone down who is
- 345 Zach Bush MD
- 362 Zach Bush MD
- 096 Daniel Schmachtenberger
- The moment Ben decided to shift and refine the content he was
creating and sharing after an awakening.
- Loose Change
- His mission to help people realize just how powerful they
are to make real change happen in the world.
[43:00] The Downside to Following the Herd
- Why irrational and rational fear can sometimes feel like the
same thing for our minds.
- How we can use fear and adrenaline to positively help us and
use tools like breathwork to process them.
- Why Ben finds news and talking about topics like politics nauseating because news
stations are not mature enough.
- The power of encircling a problem and rejuvenating it back to the community.
- How gossip and talking about others
behind their backs have caused people to naturally agree and go
along with it in order to not be ex-communicated from the
- The moment we start to abandon ourselves is when want
to keep having safety in the herd even if we don't agree with what
others are saying or doing.
- How we can have compassion for people who go
with the herd because it's "the right thing to do" when we've made
a different decision for ourselves.
[52:00] Intellect vs Intuition vs Instinct
- How we can navigate the world so that we do not become a
victim of our own mind and
- Why we don't acknowledge this enough: We are a lot more than
just one thing.
- Breaking down instinct vs. intuition and why
instinct is more biologically rooted and intuition projects more
out into the future.
- How to uncover what you believe in, what you commit to, and how
you express it.
- Why science is in all of us and how we can awaken our own
- The difference between science and the data that is coming in
for us to frame and philosophize after observation.
- 206 Dan Pardi
- How we've become such a lazy society and we're always looking
for the quickest shortcut including what to do with our lives and
what to believe in.
- Why having life be so easy for us has led us to lose communion
with the earth and with God.
Power and Process of Awakening Consciousness in Chaos
- Why awakening consciousness affects people in ways
other than just the Hollywood allure of it all.
- How cultivating consciousness becomes a daily habit that we
breathe into each day.
- The Doors of Perception and
Heaven and Hell by Aldous Huxley
- Why the awakening process is something
that is always shifting as we continue to be students of life.
- What will happen when you experience a new awakening
- Why some thoughts or experiences are
meant to fade and maybe come back to you rather than stay in your
- Exploring the unique journeys we all go on and why we will be
awakened to new ideas at different times than other people.
[1:09:00] The Toxic Nature of "I'm Gonna Share My Truth"
- Why we will see people be a completely different person
off-camera or once the podcast stops recording.
- The subtle seeds that Ben will plant in other people's
consciousness to see what comes from it without forcibly teaching
- Why it can be toxic communication to say "this
is my truth" or "I'm gonna say whatever I want" and just leave it
at that instead of opening up a dialogue.
- 276 Eric Godsey
- Why "my truth" is just what is coming to you bluntly and one
doesn't have to take it so seriously.
- Whether or not you should actually speak your truth especially if you have
- How to explore your thoughts and emotions if you have been strongly impacted by what
someone has said to you.
- Why we often believe we know exactly what the world needs when
we really don't and we have to be honest with ourselves about
- The Great Tao by Stephen
[1:18:00] Why We Are More Than Just One Thing
- Darkness Retreat
- A Week In Darkness: The Purest Medicine |
Aubrey Marcus Podcast
- Path to Balance with Aubrey
- Exploring the questions: "What is God?" and "What is the
answer?" plus the many different ways we could answer them.
- Why humbling yourself does not diminish you and how to tune into yourself.
- How you will awaken infinity when you ask yourself, "Who am I"
and you realize that you are not just one thing.
- What you can do to be more humble in your role and how it
impacts other people such as being a teacher.
- How to cultivate a person's imagination by acting like a
friend, not a teacher, and help them think for themselves and build
critical thinking skills especially in children.
- The power of being silent or curious and how to use it in our conversations with
different people to help one another grow and learn.
- 312 Kevin Kelly
[1:27:00] What Darkness Can Teach Us In Crisis
- Why Josh believes there are beautiful things coming for the
world and how we can build from that positive energy rather than a
- 410 Mark Divine
- The benefits of experiencing different truths at the same time
even if they seem contradictory.
- Exploring the concept of darkness and using it as a
- How to augment and shift your breathwork practice for
different wellness practices.
- The fact that darkness predates all concepts, psychedelics, and the
- What it is specifically about the dark that allows people to
have a greater connection to knowing themselves.
- How Ben sets up his films as an initiation or the experience of
- What Awaken The Darkness will teach you about the Hero's Journey through the avatar of
- Daniel Kish: Man who is blind but can see
like a bat
- Why we shouldn't be so scared of technology and embrace what it
can do for us.
[1:43:30] The Two Choices We Have In Life
- The difference between bad and good technology in our daily
- Breaking down how often we are on our phones and why the
average amount is every 4 minutes.
- How we've evolved from scanning nature for threats to our
family during the caveman era to
now with phones to make sure that everything is okay.
- The magic of filmmaking and choosing the right soundtrack for
- What Aubrey explores in Awaken The Darkness including the two
choices that we have in life.
- How to take advantage of the free, powerful medicine that is within your reach
including breathwork and darkness.
- The beauty and gifts of engaging with life and any difficulties
that may come your way.
- Vipassana Meditation – A Spartan
Race For The Mind
- The power of community to help us survive in difficult
- How to Change Your Mind by
- 326 John Chavez
Power Quotes From The Show
Relationship with the Nervous System
"We have access to our nervous system; you can speak to your
nervous system like it's your best friend - in fact, we should
because when we come into a better relationship with our nervous
system and acknowledge that some things seem really urgent but in
what state do you want to start creating the next step? Do you want
to do it in the sympathetic nervous system or
parasympathetic?" - Ben Stewart
Society Awaking: Opening Our Ears To New Ideas
"You shouldn't feel bad for having different thoughts or
believes than other people. Let's come together as a community and
really listen to one another because we're all in this together. I
have no clue what superpower these people gleam from believing
things different from me so let's all come together, let's pow-wow,
let's talk about what's good about this rather than gossiping and
putting each other down. It's great when other people have
different thoughts than me; I want to learn what that has done to
their mindset and how they move forward in the world accordingly
because of it. All of us have a gift to share with the world."
- Ben Stewart
Learning to Trust Your Discernment
"Instead of being corned into fear by the media and relying on
something outside of yourself to feel safe, trust your discernment.
Start trusting your intuition because when you learn to do that
then you know when something doesn't feel right. You don't have to
have all of the answers or details; just move slower and be more
discerning. Even if you slip up - what did you learn from it?"
- Ben Stewart
Links From Today's
About Ben Stewart
Ben Stewart is a US-based filmmaker and musician. He
is the creator of Esoteric Agenda, Kymatica, Ungrip and Waking
Infinity - all available on Gaia.