Oct 12, 2021
Never waste a trigger. Often we get triggered and we resist and
shut down but those are actually wonderful opportunities to face
whatever that thing is and to start really unpacking, feeling, and
discovering where they came from within. If they're not needed
anymore, thank them and let them go. - Katie
Are You Stressed Out Lately?
Take a deep breath with the M21™ wellness guide: a simple yet
powerful 21 minute morning system that melts stress and gives you
more energy through 6 science-backed practices and breathwork.
to download for free.
*Review The WF Podcast & WIN $150 in
*Join The Facebook Group
Wellness Force Radio Episode 417
Founder of Wellness Mama and Wellnesse as well as Author of both The Wellness Mama Cookbook and The Wellness Mama 5-Step Lifestyle Detox, Katie Wells, shares her own wellness journey of
healing trauma, practical tools for greater self-love, what we can
learn from our triggers, and how to move stuck energy.
Who are you at your essence without the trauma that
keeps you stuck?
Discover why there is power in being able to safely
talk about your trauma so that the light can grow.
Save 15% off your CURED Nutrition order
code WELLNESSFORCE at wellnessforce.com/cured
taken me over a year to find the right hemp and CBD company to
introduce to the Wellness Force Community and I could not be more
thrilled that it's CURED Nutrition!
CURED Nutrition is a movement inspired by nature and grounded in
a shared desire to leave a lasting impression on you, our
community, and this world. Together, they're a collective of
heart-centered human beings who are inviting you – the conscious
creatives, dreamers, and healers – to join their family. Learn how
CURED hemp and CBD products can enhance your daily wellness
Try Cured's Full Spectrum Raw Hemp Oil Today
They're Colorado-based organically grown hemp products that have
been engineered to transform your approach toward an elevated life.
Tap into your inherent potential – your greatest mind-body
alignment – and nourish it with the supplements you were designed
to thrive on. A greater existence is waiting.
Listen To Episode 417 As Katie Wells Uncovers:
[1:30] Science: The New God?
[15:00] Letting Go of Trauma to Lose 50 Pounds
[23:30] Don't Ignore Your Triggers
- How Katie was able to integrate emotional intelligence and
spirituality during her healing journey and what that experience
was like for her.
- Why fear, guilt, and shame are the top factors that
are keeping us back from making real progress and change in our
- How Wellness Mama has grown over time and why it took Katie a
while to be comfortable enough with being vulnerable with her audience.
- Why there is so much power in vulnerability and how that can
let us feel freer.
- The domino effect of sharing our own stories to help people
feel comfortable with sharing theirs.
- Why we are so afraid to share our traumatic experiences with
others because we think that we will be seen as broken.
- Katie's experience learning from the pain teacher.
- Why we shouldn't ignore our triggers as they help us grow as we
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey
Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer
- How breathwork can help us unlock
the negative energy and pain we are holding within.
- Why Katie physically could not raise her voice to yell or speak
up after her trauma.
- How rage therapy and voice lessons
helped Katie find her voice again.
- The fact that the vibration of the vocal cords is actually
stimulating to the thyroid and why she believes that lined up with her
own thyroid issues and recovery process.
- 408 Dr. Michael Ruscio
[31:30] Exploring the Energy Patterns in Your Body
- Why it can be hard for people to think about us having "stuck
energy" or the need to "move
- Breaking down what energy in the body is and how we can see it
from both a spiritual and scientific edge.
- The Body Electric:
Electromagnetism And The Foundation Of Life by Robert Becker
and Gary Selden
- Why being more open and curious about each other's experiences,
beliefs, and opinions will make
us so much closer as a society.
- Josh's own weight loss and wellness journey
over the years.
- Why she would never choose to experience it again but Katie is
grateful for her sexual trauma because she wouldn't be the woman or
mother that she is today without
that healing journey.
- Exploring the different frequency scales and walking
through those phases from the very bottom at shame and apathy until
you reach acceptance and enlightenment at the top.
- The evolution of emotional intelligence that Katie went through
after being raped and why it took a long time to heal that capital
- Why there is power in being able to safely talk about your
trauma so that the light can grow.
- 410 Mark Divine
[42:30] Path of
the Wounded Healer
- The path of the wounded healer that both Katie, Josh,
and many other wellness leaders have been on in their lives.
- Core childhood wounds and questions that
everyone has in some form like "am I loveable?" or "am I
- How we can shift and have compassion for other people when they treat us in a
- What steps you can do to start experiencing wounds and
struggles that we've carried with us since childhood.
- Why struggle is a natural part of
being a human and we should explore it rather than automatically
label it as bad.
- 366 Mark Wolynn
- It Didn't Start with You: How
Inherited Family Trauma Shapes Who We Are and How to End the
Cycle by Mark Wolynn
- Why our behavior, thoughts, and emotions
might not even be our own but our parents' or another
- The 3-5 second rapid pause and evaluation for parents
when their child is upset or misbehaving to help them be present
and respond that best way they can.
- How to better appreciate and value time and stillness
especially if you are a busy parent.
[53:00] Who Are You At Your Essence?
- How her mission has shifted from wanting to
pass on the information and give answers to teaching people how to
- What Katie is doing to help people explore who they are by
providing them with questions that they can ask themselves.
- Free practical tools that she uses on a daily process that you
can add to your toolbox to help you integrate and live a life of
- Powerful words you can say to yourself when you are struggling
with something that will continue to help you down the road.
- What wellness means to her today compared to when she first
launched Wellness Mama.
Power Quotes From The Show
Questions To Guide Your Healing
"The key is to start asking better questions internally because
what we ask internally our subconscious answers. So, when I was
asking questions like, 'Why can't I lose weight? Why is this so
hard?', my subconscious was telling me, 'Oh it's because you've had
6 kids and you have thyroid problems,' which didn't help me move
forward. Then when I started asking better questions like, 'How can
I be at peace within myself? How can I love myself and my children
more? How is it so easy and fun to move toward a state of better
health?', then my subconscious started giving me those answers."
- Katie Wells
Loving The Wounded Inner Child
"We all have these core childhood wounds and questions in some
form. They might be questions like, 'Am I lovable? Am I worthy?',
or this core belief of 'I'm not good enough.' But when we can shift
to see other people and ourselves as a hurt child who wasn't taken
care of and wasn't loved in the way they should have been loved,
it's much easier to show them love and compassion over anger and
resentment." - Katie Wells
Uncovering The Origins Of Emotional Pain
"Start stepping back and asking yourself, 'Who is experiencing
this emotion? Who is experiencing this pain?', and also start
differentiating because in childhood we develop this idea that any
kind of pain or struggle or hardship is bad and we start
categorizing emotions and that relationship continues on into
adulthood. We put emotions in boxes as good or bad but there
inevitably will be struggle as part of the human condition...
...We're unlikely to get through life without some version of that
but the better question is, 'Should we even if we could?' - Is that
not part of the teaching of living this life? If we can step back
and reframe and not go, 'Oh! Pain equals bad', but ask the better
questions about where and what this pain is and who is this deeper
version within ourselves that is experiencing that pain, then we
have a different perspective to start to work through that."
- Katie Wells
Links From Today's
309: How I Overcame Trauma (and Lost 50 Pounds)
About Katie Wells
Katie Wells, CTNC, MCHC, Founder
of Wellness Mama and Wellnesse, has a background in research,
journalism, and nutrition. As a wife and mom of six, she turned to
research and took health into her own hands to find answers to her
health problems. WellnessMama.com is the culmination of her
thousands of hours of research and all posts are medically reviewed
and verified by the Wellness Mama research team. Katie is also the
author of the bestselling books The Wellness Mama Cookbook and The Wellness Mama 5-Step