Nov 22, 2022
The woke mentality steals the
ability for people to have gratitude. No matter how shitty the
situation is, if we can cultivate a sense of gratitude, then it
gives us the option of agency...
...I can be grateful for the
challenge that I have, and then you can start moving forward, or
you experience despair which means your progress has stopped and
you’re done. You’re either going to die now or you’re going to die
later, but your situation isn’t going to change.
Are You Stressed Out
Take a deep breath with the M21™ wellness guide: a simple yet
powerful 21 minute morning system that melts stress and gives you
more energy through 6 science-backed practices and breathwork.
to download for free.
Is Your Energy
Get more superfoods to improve your energy, digestion, gut
health plus also reduce inflammation and blood sugar. Click
HERE to try Paleovalley's Apple Cider Vinegar
Complex + Save 15% with the code 'JOSH'
*Review The WF Podcast & WIN $150 in
*Join The Facebook Group
Wellness + Wisdom Episode 492
A 2X New York Times Bestselling
Author, Father, and Founder of Healthy Rebellion, Robb Wolf, comes for the 4th
time on Wellness + Wisdom to talk about the current problems in our
society, why he believes another crisis is coming, and what
mental health means to him.
Are you prepared to discover why nuclear energy is
actually good for the planet and how you should get
ready for another global crisis after COVID-19?
In this episode, Robb and Josh discuss why it's
important to be ready for the unpredictable, the role that community plays in everyday life
and in crisis, and how changing your difficulties into strengths can change your
here to get your FREE LMNT Recharge Sample Pack
(with any purchase!)
A tasty electrolyte drink mix that is formulated to help anyone
with their electrolyte needs and is perfectly suited to folks
following a keto, low-carb, or paleo diet.
For a limited time, get your LMNT Sample Pack with any purchase.
Limit one per customer.
Listen To Episode 492 As Robb Wolf Uncovers:
[1:30] The Lack of Information about Energy
[11:40] Why Is Nuclear Power Good for The World?
- Naval Special Warfare
- Why solar and wind energies are intermittent and transient
according to Robb.
- The shift in Europe’s energies towards renewable
- Why coal and natural gas have a lower carbon footprint than
- Greenwashing: Not all renewable resources are sustainable.
- Discussing nuclear accidents from the past: Three Mile Island,
Chernobyl, and Fukushima.
- Gen 4 and 5 nuclear reactors: Safe nuclear power that is still
disliked after the accidents.
- How nuclear power helps the world.
- Nuclear waste from Gen 1 nuclear reactors: Plutonium,
- Solar energy byproduct: Radioactive chemical Thorium.
- Exploring the use of Thorium.
[17:22] Renewable Energy Is Not Enough for The World
- Carbon capture projects: Why we need huge amounts of energy to
get rid of CO2 but there is an ironic twist to it.
- Wyoming Carbon Capture facility:
Powered by wind and solar energies, and natural gas.
- Life Cycle Analysis: How the Carbon Capture facility will
eventually generate more carbon than it removes.
- The ways we can implement the Biodynamic Model into nature restoration and
- Climate mitigating activities require a huge amount of energy
that can’t only be sourced from renewable sources.
- Why Robb believes solar and wind energies will always only be a
piece of the energy we use.
- What could happen if we let things go to the extreme: The
right-wing extreme restoring order and breaking society structure under a
- Why we should never waste a good crisis.
[21:25] Creating a Community & Supporting Mental Health During
- Josh explains why he renamed his podcast from Wellness Force to Wellness +
- The reason behind why Robb and his family moved from Texas to
- Healthy Rebellion Community
- How Robb leads the Healthy Rebellion Community, his family, and
what he believes are the key ingredients for better mental health right now.
- How Robb started his podcast and community, Healthy
- Why he doesn’t like the phrase “safe space.”
- Separating feelings from facts to maintain
civilized conversations without forgetting to acknowledge the
emotions that surge.
- Covid lockdown: The loss of
freedom and the importance of community during the pandemic.
[25:02] Emotional Support in Difficult Times
[29:00] Robb’s Childhood & Living through Adversity
- The Paleo Solution: The Original
Human Diet by Robb Wolf
- How Robb’s book from 2010 applies to right now.
- His background: Unhealthy family, gut issues, and poverty.
- The privilege of being born a white male in the U.S.A. at the
end of the 20th century.
- Unpacking the social stigma of being on government financial
- How can social welfare turn into multigenerational traps.
- Adversity now vs then: How
adversity has become a badge of honor.
- Why Robb believed he could get the American Dream through hard
[32:56] How a Strong Community Helped Cambodians Overcome
- The story of Robb’s Cambodian friend: Escaping the country to
survive during a civil war.
- Khmer Rouge (a radical communist
movement that ruled Cambodia from 1975 to 1979) - ⅓ of Cambodia was
killed by them.
- The Killing Fields
- How the Cambodian community in the U.S. helped Robb’s friend
start from scratch and create several businesses.
- Rodney King Riots (Los Angeles,
1992) - The Cambodians had bunkers and were ready to defend their
families and community.
- The journey from nothing to success: The importance of
having an intact culture, work ethics, and nuclear family.
[35:38] Exploring Today's Modern Mentality
- Why Robb thinks that the woke mentality steals the ability to
have gratitude and how cultivating gratitude creates a sense of
- Unpacking why the woke mentality is a source of mental health issues.
- How children are being told that they are victimized instead of
being encouraged to get through the issue.
- Virtue Signaling Olympics: Why we have to justify our suffering.
[38:00] Teaching the Fundamentals in Order to Master a
- Robb tells a childhood story about being shamed for using food
stamps to buy food and how it changed the trajectory of his
- The Matrix: Why is Neo the
- Patrick Bet-David
- Jordan Peterson
- Breaking the family patterns and why Robb thinks he’s “the one”
in his own family to end the cycle.
- Robb’s post on Instagram about his
daughters: How it describes what it means to be mentally
- The challenges of homeschooling for Robb’s daughters.
- Robb's experience having to write 10,000 words about a brick
wall: How reframing the process made it easy.
- How his daughters, Zoe and Sagan, went from struggling with
writing to enjoying it that they each wrote a 5-page letter to
- Why the beginning is the hardest part: Teaching his daughters
to do the fundamentals to be able to develop the skills.
[44:10] The Power of Turning Our Difficulties into
[47:57] What Happens If the System Fails?
- Why Western liberal democracies are lost in historical events
according to Robb and what he thinks would happen if Chinese
communism became a global norm.
- Pitting people against each other with the example of Muslims
- Brave New World by Aldous
- 1984 by George
- Why Robb believes that it’s possible that humanity falls under
a strictly controlled regime, but doesn’t think it will actually
- How the economic system compares to a
train and why he thinks the system is broken.
- Chris Martenson
- How urban centers will suffer when economics, energy, or
food systems collapse.
[52:18] Covid Pandemic: Facing a Real Global Crisis
- Robb on moving to Montana: Finding a strong community in his neighborhood.
- Why do we not know our neighbors and how can we change that to
strengthen the community?
- How the suffering in the 1920s and 1930s in the USA shifted
from starvation, no work, and homelessness to prosperity.
- The potential threats of Covid: Why it’s important to
have the understanding of what could potentially happen.
- Missing opportunities by fearing a potential economic crisis.
- How Rob dealt with the Covid pandemic without fear, why he expected it to happen, and
why people who don’t expect dislocations to happen suffer the
- How a global crisis could bring people together and improve the
[57:28] Eliminating Unpredictability
- Josh talks about nature’s strategy that we can use as
inspiration to help us prepare for a crisis.
- How to prepare for unpredictable
situations and why redundancy is beneficial during
- Texas snowpocalypse 2022
- iCaveman Show: Why he would never do
that again: Starving himself for 2 weeks, losing 20 pounds.
- Morgan Spurlock: Super Size
- Why Robb’s family makes extra portions almost every time they
cook, freeze-dry them, and then store them in the freezer.
- Nutrients in freeze-dried and frozen foods: Do frozen foods
conserve their nutritional value?
- The reason Robb bought an air rifle and invested in firearm
- The precautions he took at his home to prepare in case of an
emergency: a generator, a small solar panel, a pellet stove, a
small woodstove, having a water well with a simple pump, and living
close to a lake.
- How the Healthy Rebellion community supports each other in
- Why it’s enough to spend 5-10% of our time over a month
creating redundancy for emergencies and maintaining it
- Selco Begovic mentions in his
book about the Serbian civil war a list of necessities, including
[1:08:07] Debt-Driven Economy: Is an Economic Collapse Only a
Matter of Time?
[1:12:40] The Dangers of Cryptocurrencies and Stocks
[1:16:00] Investment, Prosperity, and Community
- How Rob and his wife Nikki manage their finances and investments.
- Investing in silver and gold:
Why is silver a commodity that will never go away?
- Why he thinks investing a smaller part of your finances into
index funds, stocks, or crypto can be good.
- What makes land such a great investment plus how a strong
community can be beneficial in times of a financial crisis and
- Finding community and making connections in sports
[1:20:14] Acknowledging The Potential in Others
- Robb in his 20’s: Proving to himself and the world that he
matters and can be successful, and what he would do
differently if he could.
- Dysfunctional family mechanism: How he made it work for
- Acknowledging talent and potential: Letting people know
- How can mentors give meaningful wisdom and why genuine desire of
the recipient plays an important role in reaching greatness.
- Mike Dillard: Creating an authentic
community where people don’t want to get anything from one another,
only give to one another.
[1:25:13] Remembering to Live in The Present Moment
- Becoming comfortable with success and remembering to live and
being in the moment.
- Investing in our downside risk mitigation: Why Robb thinks he
has invested too much time preparing for the end of the world
instead of preparing for a better world.
- Robb’s books: The Paleo Solution, Wired to Eat, Sacred
- Upcoming book “Consequence Economy”: How good intentions and
lack of understanding can go horribly wrong.
- What wellness means to Robb now in 2022: Prioritizing the
things he really wants to do and learning to say “no” to what he
doesn’t want in his life.
- 216 Exploring The Shadow Self For
Healing: George Bryant
Power Quotes From The Show
Our Debt-Driven Economy
"There will be a chunk of debt, then we take out loans to pay
that debt, and then we’re paying debt with debt. The thing about
that is that you need a certain rate of economic growth to keep
that system going. If you don’t have a certain rate of economic
growth, then the whole system collapses." - Robb
Being Ready For The Unpredictable
"There will be a lot of dislocation, a lot of pain, and the
people that are going to suffer the most are the people that didn’t
realize this was an eventuality. They didn’t realize there was a
possibility of a really rainy day, and maybe a rainy month, or a
So they’re going to be surprised, and they’re going to be
bitter, and that’s going to make them really ineffective, strap
themselves, and lean into the community that they have and help
each other. The bright side of that, people will be more networked
in the real world. People will care more of each other." -
Downside Risk Mitigation
"There are a lot of folks that are afraid of facing some of
these darker realities because of the anxiety they produce just
thinking about economic stuff and global upheaval. But a little bit
of investment in downside risk mitigation really helps you sleep at
But then the advice I need, and what I’ve been realizing, I’ve
been too good at that, I’ve invested too much in that. I’ve been
preparing too much for the end of the world instead of preparing
for a better world." - Robb Wolf
Links From Today's
About Robb Wolf
Robb Wolf, a former
research biochemist is the 2X New York Times/WSJ Best Selling
author of The Paleo
Solution and Wired To Eat. Robb has transformed
the lives of hundreds of thousands of people around the world via
ranked iTunes podcast, books, and seminars.
Robb has functioned as a review editor for the Journal of
Nutrition and Metabolism (Biomed Central) and as a consultant for
the Naval Special Warfare Resiliency program. He serves on the
board of Directors/Advisors for Specialty Health Inc, The Chickasaw
Nation’s “Unconquered Life” initiative, and a number of innovative
start-ups with a focus on health and sustainability.
Robb holds a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and is a former
California State Powerlifting Champion (565 lb. Squat, 345 lb.
Bench, 565 lb. Dead Lift) and a 6-0 amateur kickboxer.
Wolf has provided seminars in nutrition and strength &
conditioning to a number of entities including NASA, Naval Special
Warfare, the Canadian Light Infantry, and the United States Marine
Robb lives in Texas with his wife Nicki and daughters
Zoe and Sagan.