Apr 18, 2017
Have you ever
shame spiraled after a "cheat day" or eating a piece of food
that's not on an approved list?
Shouldn't creating healthy eating patterns really be all
self-care and self-love?
JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP | REVIEW THIS
How can we take all of the obstacles we face each day and really
use them to help us make empowered decisions for ourselves? On this
episode of Wellness Force Radio, lifestyle coach, sports
nutritionist, founder of Sexyfit,
and author of The Sexyfit
Sushchik, teaches us how we can deeply connect with our bodies,
create a fresh start with our health, and gain our own confidence
and powerful mindset.
In this interview, Zlata uncovers how we can avoid being a "diet
robot" that's compelled to always keep up with the rules,
regulations, and latest "trends" around food and fitness. As you'll
learn, no single diet or exercise plan made for every person,
because we get to discover what makes us feel good about ourselves
by trusting and honoring the process.
Listen to Episode 108 as Zlata Sushchik Uncovers
- How Zlata's mother and her Russian roots in Moscow have
influenced her career in the health and
- Zlata's story from moving from Russia to the USA (Alaska),
getting her start in the fitness industry with bodybuilding, and
her relationship with food.
- Why Zlata created Sexyfit to help her and other women create a
relationship with food and love themselves.
- How our health problems can actually be a blessing that leads
us to live healthier lives.
- Zlata's experience starting out as a wellness coach and helping
coach her best friend shed 70 pounds.
- What it means to be Sexyfit.
- Zlata's 5 Key Steps in the Sexyfit Method:
- How trend hopping around diets eventually leads us to stop
doing them and discover food freedom.
- How the Sexyfit Method differs from the Whole 30 and other
- What was Zlata's Mirror Work moment and how it helped her
analyze her relationship with food.
- What are the emotional triggers that attract us to food?
- How you can create a new dialogue with your body and stop
- What both Zlata and Josh have done to help them change their
state of mind about their bodies.
- Zlata's view point on weight lifting vs. simple exercise.
- Why exercising should be about honoring your body.
- How we're responsible for our own happiness and
- What can sabotage a busy mom's own health and wellness
- Why selfishness is not a bad thing: We have to take care of
ourselves before we can take care of other people.
- What's eating most people today and what affects us on a
day to day basis.
- Why it's so important, but scary for people to take a closer
look at their emotional inventory and come to terms with it.
Top 3 Takeaways From The Show
- You don't have to be a "diet robot" that follows all of these
different fitness and nutrition rules and regulations. Healthy is
something you create for yourself. Discover and enjoy whatever
keeps you motivated to stay on track with your wellness.
- Don't see your poor health as something to be ashamed of.
Instead, see it as a blessing that you're recognizing that you want
to take control of your health and wellness. We all have to start
- Each day, you have the opportunity to wake up and honor your
body. Do the exercises that you want to do whether it's cardio,
HIIT, or LISS. Sometimes, some workouts like CrossFit won't bring
us the same joy that other ones can provide for us. Just because
your favorite workout isn't hardcore like CrossFit, it doesn't make
it any less beneficial for your mind or body.
Power Quotes From Zlata Sushchik
[tweetthis] "Words shape our
present and future. We don't need more restrictions. If there is
anything that we do need, it's freedom." [/tweetthis]
- "We must understand that all of the different parts of the body
are connected. If you're constantly fatigued, your body is giving
you a sign that you need to pay attention to it. All your body
really wants is just attention." - Zlata Sushchik on the
power of listening to our bodies.
- "It is possible to live in peace. It is possible and available
at any time. To achieve it, we need to pay attention to how
external chaos influences us internally and how we pick up on
energies and mirror those reflections." - Zlata Sushchik on
paying attention to ourselves.
- "There's no one definition of 'sexy' just like there's no
one definition of 'success' because that's something that we truly
cultivate for ourselves as women and that's truly where we shine in
being different in our own way. Our bodies are different, our
lifestyles are different, and we must honor that in order to feel
at home in our body and with who we are rather they buy into the
ideas of what we're supposed to look like." - Zlata
Sushchik on what 'sexy' means.
- "Sexyfit is about understanding who you are, how you feel, and
doing things your own way." -Zlata Sushchik on what Sexyfit
is all about.
- "Words shape our present moment and shape our future. We
don't need more restrictions in our diet. If there is anything that
we do need, it's freedom. Freedom doesn't come from restriction.
Freedom comes from empowerment and making choices based on what's
true for us." - Zlata Sushchik on how we should be
empowered to make the choices we want to make about food and not
- "There's this idea that every workout has to be intense and
insane, but half of my workouts are a mix between walking and
meditation. I believe that simple fitness is really the best way to
connect with our bodies and to connect with our movement. Fitness
is not therapy. Use fitness as a way to honor your body and
movement. Don't torture yourself with crazy workouts that don't
feel good to you." - Zlata Sushchik on why we don't need to
do intense workouts like CrossFit.
- "The true wealth is our health. It's really important for us to
honor the relationship we have with ourselves when it comes to
trust, communication, respect, kindness, and compassion. Just like
everything else in life, it takes work. It's not something that's
just given to us and it's not something that's so simple unless we
have the right tools." - Zlata Sushchik on the importance
of honoring our minds and bodies.
About Zlata Sushchik
Zlata Sushchik is a lifestyle coach, sports nutritionist and
founder of an online fitness
coaching company called Sexyfit. She grew up in Moscow, Russia but
moved to Alaska (USA) at 16. During her career as a fitness
competitor, she won top 5 placements at 26 shows including 3
national titles. She's been featured in Muscular Development, Flex
Magazine, Rx Fitness and more.
Her powerful message of The Sexyfit Method has helped tens of
thousands of women let go of old weight by providing virtual
nutrition, fitness and accountability coaching towards healthier,
happier and sexier lives.
She's known for her no-nonsense, no BS approach to health and
fitness and at Sexyfit. Her focus is to create a foundation for
sustainable living to help women get in shape and most importantly,
create the habits that work for modern wellness.
About The Sexyfit Method by Zlata
Sexyfit was created out of the notion that
every woman is sexy in her own way and deserves to feel confident
in her body. Zlata Sushchik helps women break up with unrealistic
beauty standards and escape the “I’m not enough” mindset, as well
as the guilt and anxiety around food. Zlata has combined her
fitness knowledge with the expertise of the more than 300 top
researchers, coaches, and nutritionists whom she on
interviews on her podcast .
“The Sexyfit Method” is a complete five-step formula designed
for women to create the body they love on their terms. What makes
this approach unique is the combination of cognitive psychology
practices, research-proven nutrition strategies, and simple
fitness, all of which Zlata marries with useful tips to stay
accountable and motivated for life.
Resources Mentioned by Zlata & Josh
[tweetthis] "Just like 'success,' there's no one definition of
'sexy.' As women, we truly shine when we're different in our own
Get More Wellness In Your
Support This Podcast
here. Listen, I deeply
value your thoughts, now let your voice be
heard. I live to serve the Wellness Force even better
based on your words, feedback, and requests. (including how
these episodes can allow you to break bad