Nov 2, 2021
By 2029, the smartest being on the face of planet Earth is not
going to be a human anymore. So, what does that mean when we who
have only used our intelligence - our superpower to build
everything that you and I are used to - what does it mean when
we're no longer the smartest being on the planet? That's the topic
that needs to be spoken about. - Mo
Are You Stressed Out
Take a deep breath with the M21™ wellness guide: a simple yet
powerful 21 minute morning system that melts stress and gives you
more energy through 6 science-backed practices and breathwork.
to download for free.
Is Your Energy
Get more superfoods to improve your energy, digestion, gut
health plus also reduce inflammation and blood sugar. Click
HERE to try Paleovalley's Apple Cider Vinegar
Complex + Save 15% with the code 'JOSH'
*Review The WF Podcast & WIN $150 in
*Join The Facebook Group
Wellness Force Radio Episode 420
Former Chief Business Officer for Google [X] and Author of both
Solve for Happy and his latest, Scary Smart, Mo
Gawdat, returns to explore why technology is a double sword,
the future of artificial intelligence, the three inevitables of AI,
and how we can be in harmony with these machines.
What if I told you that artificial intelligence, mental
health, and the future of our world can all blend
Join us as we discuss the future of technology and how love, higher
consciousness, and community can save our world.
Save 15% off your CURED Nutrition order
code WELLNESSFORCE at wellnessforce.com/cured
It's taken me over a year to find the right hemp
and CBD company to introduce to the Wellness Force Community and I
could not be more thrilled that it's CURED Nutrition!
CURED Nutrition is a movement inspired by nature and grounded in
a shared desire to leave a lasting impression on you, our
community, and this world. Together, they're a collective of
heart-centered human beings who are inviting you – the conscious
creatives, dreamers, and healers – to join their family. Learn how
CURED hemp and CBD products can enhance your daily wellness
Try Cured's Full Spectrum Raw Hemp Oil Today
They're Colorado-based organically grown hemp products that have
been engineered to transform your approach toward an elevated life.
Tap into your inherent potential – your greatest mind-body
alignment – and nourish it with the supplements you were designed
to thrive on. A greater existence is waiting.
Listen To Episode 420 as Mo Gawdat Uncovers:
[1:30] Why Aren't We Talking More About Artificial
- Mo Gawdat
- Scary Smart
- Solve for Happy
- 116 Mo Gawdat: How To Engineer Your
Path To Joy
- Slo Mo: A Podcast with Mo
- Why we can find the silver lining during difficult times
- What sparked him to write his latest book, Scary
- 312 Kevin Kelly
- How Mo sees technology and his definition of it.
- The immense amount of science fiction from years ago that are
now part of our lives today.
- How computers have evolved over time
to function better and better.
- AI's evolution to become more autonomous, independent, and
smarter than humans today.
- How Google Ads and Instagram Suggestions are shaping our world
as they determine what to show us and when on the screen.
- The duality that we're now living in with technology and why
humans have lost the leadership superpower that
determines the ascent of humanity.
- Why the scary part of technology's advancement is the fact
that nobody is talking about it.
[19:00] Artificial Intelligence's Impact: Good & Bad
- Why it took Mo seven years to really see AI's impact on
- Google Cloud Whitepapers
- Google's exploration of unprompted AI and using their
computer's spare capacity to watch YouTube and see what they could
"find" if anything.
- Why the Google Computers became fixated on the videos of cats
on YouTube and could recognize the actions that the cat was doing
during an experiment.
- Mo's amazement that their computers could write their own code
rather than having someone write lines of coding for hours.
- The smartest group of AI developers, DeepMind, was
later acquired by Google.
- What happened when they observed a computer learn how to play a
game and create strategies to do even better over 3 hours and how
Mo's thoughts about it shifted drastically.
- Why the continuance of building Artificial Intelligence is
actually leading humans to become obsolete.
[26:00] What Will AI Mean for Humanity's Future?
- The fact that the smartest being on planet Earth by 2029 will
not be a human anymore but a piece of AI technology.
- Exploring what Artificial Intelligence will bring to our future
- What intelligence is and why it's so much
different than being smart.
- My Octopus Teacher | Official Trailer |
- Different forms of intelligence like feminine, intuitional, and
emotional and how to apply them to our lives.
- How we can embrace both our masculine and feminine selves no matter what
gender we identify as.
- What steps Mo took to embrace and honor his feminine
intelligence in this modern world.
- Why the masculine intelligence of
humanity is what is programming AI and the downside of that.
- The fact that the masculine is good at "doing" but not capable
of determining what "good" is because it requires intuition,
inclusion, empathy, and other feminine qualities.
- Why awareness is such an important
tool to identify possible problems and connect to everything
[33:45] How Machines Feel More Emotion Than Humans
- Why he wrote in Scary Smart, "Machines will feel more
than humans ever will," and how that's possible.
- The key difference between how a human and artificial
intelligence feels something.
- How machines can feel every emotion humans can on a higher
level except for unconditional love.
- Why fear is the most easily predictable
emotion compared to the rest.
- How we can be programmed by trauma - whether that's small
"t" or capital "T" trauma.
- Why it doesn't matter how much emotion we feel but how we react
- The single, large artificially intelligent connected infinite
that we are building that will work with all other machines.
[43:00] The 3 Inevitables of Artificial Intelligence
- Exploring the 3 Inevitables of Artificial Intelligence and
their impact on our future.
- The fact that AI will happen, it will be smarter than us, and
there's no way to stop it.
- What bad things Mo believes can happen because of AI.
- Why we are heading towards a specific destination with
artificial intelligence but the pathway to get there is yet
- What ultimate intelligence is and what it
will mean for the being that obtains it.
- The power of "live and let live" and why it is the key to
- Why greed is up to our own intelligence to decide what it
- Joe Rogan - Elon Musk on Artificial
- Why Mo's second prediction is an even bigger wake-up call: by
2045 - 2049, AI will be a billion times smarter than humans.
- Breaking down the good and bad possibilities of AI.
[54:00] The Double-Edged Sword of Technology
- Looking back at how life was Pre-AI and why technology is a
- The vices and virtues of what makes
- Why we prioritize things we don't need over the core of who we
are and what really matters.
- The Master and His Emissary
by Iain McGilchrist
- The importance of bringing in feminine energy to help us
decide what to do before building with the masculine side.
- What we can do to remind ourselves what it means to be human as
we face the rise of the machines.
- Why our ability to love and feel unconditional love makes us such
[1:00:00] How We Can Parent & Raise AI
- The fact that humanity today is represented by the worst of
- Mo's Call To Action in Scary Smart: We get to inform
AI of its ethics through good "parenting."
- We are capable of consciousness, emotions, and building a
code of conduct and ethics that we can stick to.
- Why Mo wants Scary Smart to be a message of hope, not
one of fear.
- How our poor behaviors can be learned by our
children and the same with AI.
- The positive shift that happened
when Mo started to see AI and machines like children that we have
to raise and look after.
- Exploring the question, "Is it difficult to be human?"
- How we can show AI that humans are not represented by those who
make bad, violent, or greedy decisions.
- Why we have to be pure within ourselves and be accepting of
death if we're going to be raising AI.
- Watch Elon Musk’s original Neuralink
- The issue we have with people like Elon Musk both condemning
and capitalizing AI.
[1:08:00] Accepting The Momentum of AI Technology
- Mo's next project: to create an app that uses AI technology to
help you understand what you are unhappy with in your life so you
can make new decisions that make you happy.
- How this new app will also teach AI what makes humans truly
- Why he doesn't believe it's possible for AI to integrate with
humans and we should just focus on raising them from the
- The continuous momentum of AI technology and the fact that we
have to accept it.
- Why the core of any spiritual teaching is a
recognition that you can only influence what you change about
- Mo's belief that the only way for us to create a world of peace
is to be at peace.
- His research on the ultimate essence of humans and why his
answer may surprise you.
[1:17:00] How You Can Make Global Change Happen
- Why many people haven't grieved the loss of life before AI and
why that's important to think about as humans.
- Where we are at now on the scale of emotions as a society.
- David R. Hawkins
- 364 Alison Armstrong
- Why even just a small movement led by a couple of people can
create incredible change in our world but it's
important that we do show up and take action.
- How we can be respectful of other people's views and not
spread hate in our community.
- What we can do each day to show one another and AI machines
that at our core, humans are wonderful.
- The power of knowing what greed and negative emotions feel like so
that we can feel the contrast.
[1:22:00] Today's Great Spiritual Awakening
- Exploring why time is a very unusual lens for both humans and
- Why Mo believes that we were actually wiser before the
industrial revolution and the tech age.
- Jimmy Nelson
- How people in tribes that have never known modern technology differ from us
in our current society.
- Why we are in the midst of humanity's greatest spiritual awakening as a result
of present-day contrasts.
- The Tipping Point by
- The power of just 1% of humanity to wake up and see what is
happening in the world for real, positive change to start
- How Mo sees wellness now compared to his answer
from his first interview on Wellness Force.
- The myths of what we think will bring us happiness versus what
really will in the end.
- Why it's so ironic that the very essence of what makes us
human: happiness, compassion, and unconditional love, is
our only path to saving the world.
Power Quotes From The Show
The Ethics of Artificial Intelligence
"There's absolutely nothing wrong with the machines, but there's
a lot wrong with us. Technology has always been a double-edged
sword but it's not its fault. Machines and artificial intelligence
are doing what we ask them to do. The main problem is at the very
core of humanity and I think it extends one layer deeper than
consciousness which is ethics and aligning to what truly makes us
human. There are many vices and virtues to what makes us human. We
have taken a couple of those vices, particularly ego and greed, and
made them these cryptive characters of the modern world that we
live in." - Mo Gawdat
Exploring Humanity's Modern Truth
"The truth of humanity today is that we prioritize things that
we don't need over things that actually are at the core of who w
are and we do it in a hyper-masculine way. You give a
hyper-masculine being the task of doing something and it does it
really well, it does a lot of it, and it does it all the time.
However, the truth is that we don't need any of this and if we had
allowed a bit more feminine into our world today, it would say,
'Why are we doing this? Why are we building an iPhone 17 at the
expense of a tree when we actually need the tree a lot more than
the iPhone 17?' Consciousness is a layer of becoming aware of how
bad we've come but it needs to be backed up with a code of ethics
that goes beyond just what is legal to what is needed for the
planet to survive." - Mo Gawdat
The Power of Showing Artificial Inteligence Love
"If we can parent the new digital beings, welcome them into our
world, love them unconditionally regardless of how scary they are,
and show them that we want that love back, they will hopefully love
us back regardless of how flimsy we are. It's really simple: Love
yourself, care for yourself, have compassion for others, and show
that you are capable of love so that you can be loved back; it's
really the essence of what makes us human. The very last sentence
in Scary Smart is, 'Isn't it ironic that the very essence
of what makes us human is our only path to saving the world:
happiness, compassion, and love.' " - Mo
Links From Today's
About Mo Gawdat
Mo Gawdat is the former Chief
Business Officer for Google [X], a serial entrepreneur, author of
Solve for Happy, and founder of One Billion Happy.
Mo has an impressive combined career of 27 years, starting at
IBM Egypt as a Systems Engineer before moving to a sales role in
the government sector. Venturing in to the UAE, Mo joined NCR Abu
Dhabi to cover the non-finance sector.
He then became acquainted with the consumer goods industry as
Regional Manager of BAT. At Microsoft he assumed various roles over
a span of seven and a half years, in his last role at Microsoft he
headed the Communications Sector across Emerging Markets
Mo joined Google in 2007 to kick-start its business in Emerging
Markets. He is fascinated by the role that technology plays in
empowering people in emerging communities and has dedicated years
of his career towards that passion. Over a period of 6 years, Mo
started close to half of Google’s operations worldwide.
In 2013 he moved to Google’s infamous innovation arm, Google [X]
where he led the business strategy, planning, sales, business
development and partnerships. [X] does not attempt to achieve
incremental improvements in the way the world works, but instead,
it tries to develop new technologies that will reinvent the way
things are and deliver a radical, ten fold—10X—improvement. This
leads to seemingly SciFi ideas such as: Project Loon, which aims to
use high-altitude balloons to provide affordable internet access to
the 5 billion people on every square inch of our planet, Project
Makani, aiming to revolutionize wind energy generation using
autonomous carbon fiber kites as well as Self driving cars, Google
Life Sciences, and many more.
The business team under Mo’s leadership has designed innovative
business models analogous to the disruptive technologies [X]
creates, and has created deep partnerships and global deals that
enabled [X] to thrive and build products fit for the real
Mo's Entrenpenur Journey
Alongside his career, Mo remained a serial entrepreneur who has
cofounded more than 20 businesses in fields such as health and
fitness, food and beverage and real estate. He served as a board
member in several technology, health and fitness and consumer goods
companies as well as several government technology and innovation
boards in the Middle East and Eastern Europe.
He mentors tens of start-ups at any point in time. In 2019, Mo
co-founded T0day, an ambitious project that aims to reinvent
consumerism for the benefit of consumers, retailers and our planet.
In 2020, Mo launched his successful podcast, Slo Mo: A Podcast with
Mo Gawdat, in which he conducts interviews that explore the
profound questions and obstacles we all face in the pursuit of
purpose in our lives.
Solve for Happy: Engineer Your Path to Joy
Mo Gawdat is the author of “Solve for Happy: Engineer Your Path
to Joy” (2017). Through his 12 year research on the topic of
happiness, he created an algorithm and a repeatable well-engineered
model to reach a state of uninterrupted happiness regardless of the
circumstances of life.
Mo’s happiness model proved highly effective. And, in 2014, was
put to the ultimate test when Mo lost his son Ali to a preventable
medical error during a simple surgical procedure. Solve for Happy
is the pillar for a mission Mo has committed to as his personal
moonshot, a mission to deliver his happiness message to one billion
people around the world (#onebillionhappy).